Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Sally Knox


I hoped to receive my copy of "The Golden Bough" in the mail by now, but no such luck. Thus, I will be composing my first blog post without a prefacing quote from said work. I'm pretty sure Sarah (my sister) got her book, unfairly, having ordered it a day after I did, but such as life. In addition to my lack of assigned material for this post, I will also have it known that I have not read any other blogs, as I would rather not feel intimidated before my first post and thus be disposed to attempt to make it sound more intellectual than is in my ability at this time of morning. Thank you for your patience.

Yesterday in class, we were told to go have a dream. I managed to do so last night, but not without consequence. I have been having vivid dreams lately and apparently have been talking in my sleep quite often. This oftentimes unfavorable phenomenon could be attributed to change of environment, routine,living situation, or what have you. Last night, I woke up from a dream about my late kitty (who I had to have put down on Sunday, but that's a different story) with my boyfriend angrily rolling away from me, intentionally absconding with the covers and telling me I was being a "crazy bitch." Apparently, I had been exchanging angry words with him while still asleep and woke up in a daze at three in the morning utterly confused by why he was so irritated with me. I then attempted to make up with him, fruitlessly, as no one enjoys being woke up by an abrasive-albeit still asleep-significant other. Upon realizing I was not going to get back on his good side, I went to sleep again, only to have the same thing happen...two more times. In summary-I had vivid dreams about my dead cat still being alive all night, woke up fighting with my boyfriend three times (I wonder why he is still mad at me today), and was not very well-rested overall.

In light of my less-than-enjoyable night and morning, I hope to be forgiven for this post as it is undoubtedly wrought with grammatical errors and not entirely intellectually sound. I will now read others' blog posts and bask in my own inferiority to the exceptionally intelligent people in this class. That was a compliment...I feel that it is necessary to verify that as that comment could easily be taken as sarcasm. Well, it's not!

1 comment:

  1. I liked your first blog if you think you did not do well then you are incorrect, my blogs look like a 12 year old did it. i loved the dream story that you have told and am excited to here more.

    ReplyDelete