Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Dreams

As I was just supposed to be working on my blog, I was taking a nap. As it turns out, I was working on my blog the whole time, by having a crazy dream.

First, let me preface this by talking a little bit about my place of work, the Blue Basket gas station on 19th. The Blue Basket is located near the freeway entrance and thus, near an overpass, which is a great place for bums to live. Therefore, I see bums and become familiar with them and sell them the beer and cigarettes all of those who give bums money pay for. Sometimes they buy food, but mostly for the dogs they have living up there with them.


Back to my dream. I was in a car with one such homeless person, one of the only whose name I do not know so let's call him John. We were driving around Bozeman and we were in his car. No, bums do not usually have cars, especially this one. I remember asking him if, since he had bought a car, he was planning on getting a job and saving up to buy a house. I was trying to psychoanalyze John and act as a sort of therapist to him. He scoffed at me...and handed me a tall boy of Steel Reserve (this parts realistic). We apparently were going to meet another bum, Roger, who I know and who also owned a car. I never saw any sign of Roger. The current bum and I drove down to an area of Bozeman I recognized in the dream but does not actually exist. I think it was near Joe's Parkway. We parked and walked to an art center (also nonexistent) downtown.

As we walked into the art center, John actually became the girlfriend of someone I grew up with. She and I walked through the several layers of the art center-there were about eight and I knew that in my dream. She provoked some little lizards that were inside of a cage and they attacked her hand but didn't hurt her and I was frightened. She then pulled a snake out of a cage of snakes (the art center had become a zoo apparently) and threw it behind a dresser thing. She was basically causing mayhem in this art center and I did not approve.

All the sudden, we were outside on the street, and I heard a voice belonging to Sarah that was telling me the bus was coming. Somehow, we ended up getting on the bus in a place where it does not normally pick people up and the bus driver was very angry with us. Then I woke up.

I'm sorry if you read through this whole ridiculous dream because it does not make any sense and you probably won't get much out of it...but it was still a dream and therefore mythological.

No comments:

Post a Comment